Friday

Drake Interview Talks Wayne, Record Sales, and More



Drake tells Mtv about advice given him from Lil Wayne: 
   “To him, there’s a whole world moving out there that he hasn’t seen for so long. He was just like, he told me something I never thought I’d hear him say, which was, ‘You’re the ultimate artist. You’re better than me. You don’t have the tattoos, you don’t cause any trouble. People like you.’ He was like, basically, ‘Look at me and look at you.’ He was like, ‘Man, listen. You know what I think you’re about to do? You’re about to do two million.You’re about to do two million the first week. Whatever, man, whatever you do, do not get no tattoos never in your life. They gonna think you got it because you came around me.’ He said the same thing to me [during the Rikers visit]: ‘Don’t change yourself, please. You got it. I’ve never met a young dude that has it figured out, but you got it. Don’t mess it up. Just be you. Sing! Rap! Be you. Don’t stop smiling.’ That’s what he said.”

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More